Sire: So You Think
Foaled: Sep 26, 2020
Trainer: Danny O'Brien
Owners: Australian Bloodstock (Mgr: L Murrell), W Angelou, S Foster, G McDonald, J Mlikota, Miss C Ralph, M Bolam, C Slater, T Porter, B Cameron, Onemooree Syndicate (Mgr: P O'Neill), Mrs C A O'Hehir, D Y Guyz (Mgr: P Candrick), M Anderson, D Evans, R North, B Christian, D Miles & Prana (Mgr: J Lovett)
● Inglis Premier Yearling Lot 164
● Trainer: Danny O’Brien
WHY WE LOVE HIM!
From a select few horses the Melbourne Premier Sale has certainly been good to us. With the likes of Princess Posh and Aliferous both coming out this sale.
In this So You Think Colt we think we have unearthed another one!
We are keen to add a colt to our stable that has a middle distance pedigree. This colt has just that and more.
The prize-money levels in our Middle distance and staying races is unprecedented, and the stocks are thin, VERY THIN! This gives as a great opportunity to take a large share of that prize-money on ofer!
By Champion sire SO YOU THINK out of a half sister to the Champion middle distance performed PROTECTIONIST.
“Specifically trying to find a Middle distance Classic bred colt is Australia is not always easy.
Rarely do you find anything like this colt down here in Australia. Not surprisingly he was bred at Arrowfield.
A Classic colt with a Classic pedigree. A real stand- out. He would of made plenty more if sold in Europe – loved him” – Jamie Lovett
THE TRAINER – Dany O’Brien
“I enjoy training these sorts of colts, and have had good success with them. The Northern Hemisphere bred Russian Camelot the most recent.
This colt has a European staying page, but bred here in Australia, so will be eligible for all of our Classics.
He was a lovely relaxed, well balanced colt. He covers plenty of ground when he moves, strong but very athletic.
I am really looking forward to training him for the boys, who obviously know the family well.” – Danny O’Brien
THE SIRE – SO YOU THINK (High Chaparral x Triassic)
A World-Class Racehorse
His top performers include…
- Quick Thinker – winner of the Gr.1 Australian Derby, Gr.2 Tulloch Stakes, Gr.2 Chairman’s H’cap, Gr.3 Ming Dynasty H’cap & Listed Champagne Stakes
- Inference – Gr.1 Randwick Guineas winner, runner-up in the Gr.1 Rosehill Guineas & third in the Gr.1 Victoria Derby
- Nakeeta Jane – Gr.1 Surround Stakes & Gr.2 Light Fingers Stakes winner. Placed in the Gr.1 Randwick Guineas & Gr.1 Flight Stakes
- La Bella Diosa – Gr.1 NZ 1000 Guineas & Gr.2 Surround Stakes winner
- Think It Over – winner of the Gr.1 George Ryder Stakes, Gr.2 Chelmsford Stakes, Gr.2 Apollo Stakes, Gr.2 Hill Stakes, Gr.3 Craven Plate (x2) & Gr.3 Liverpool City Cup at Randwick. Runner-up in the Gr.2 Ajax Stakes
- D’Argento – winner of the Gr.1 Rosehill Guineas. Runner-up in the Gr.1 Epsom H’cap & Gr.2 Theo Marks Stakes
- Sopressa – multiple winner including the Gr.1 Australasian Oaks & Gr.3 Auraria Stakes
- Gold Rush – Gr.2 Matamata Breeders’ Stakes winner as a 2YO
- Miss Siska – winner of the Gr.2 Peter Young Stakes, Gr.3 Carlyon Cup, runner-up in the Gr.2 Zipping Classic, Gr.2 Matriarch Stakes (x2) & Gr.2 Let’s Elope Stakes
- Peltzer – winner of the Gr.2 Stan Fox Stakes & Gr.3 Eskimo Prince Stakes
- Poland – winner of the Gr.2 Autumn Stakes at Caulfield
- Nimalee – winner of the Gr.2 Emancipation Stakes at Rosehill
- So You Assume – winner of the Gr.2 Stocks Stakes at Moonee Valley
- Midnight Blue – winner of the Gr.2 Perth Cup & Listed Ascot Gold Cup H’cap
- Knights Order – winner of the Gr.2 Brisbane Cup, Listed Winter Cup & Listed City Tattersalls Club Cup
- Fasika – winner of the Gr.2 Sapphire Stakes, Gr.3 ATC Wenona Girl Quality & Listed South Pacific Classic at Randwick. Third in the Gr.1 All Aged Stakes
- Think Bleue – multiple winner including the Gr.3 Alexandra Stakes
- The Pinnacle – multiple winner including the Gr.3 Epona Stakes, runner-up in the Gr.3 Aspiration H’cap
- Higher Ground – multiple winner including the Gr.3 Frank Packer Plate
- Heavenly Thought – multiple winner including the Gr.3 Grand Prix Stakes. Runner-up in the Gr.1 Queensland Derby
- Coachwhip – impressive 3½-length winner of the Gr.3 Arlington Matron Stakes
- So Si Bon – winner of the Gr.3 Aurie’s Star H’cap, Gr.3 Eclipse Stakes, Listed March Stakes & Listed Lord Stakes. Gr.1 Rosehill Guineas, Gr.1 Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes & Gr.2 Blamey Stakes placed
- Thought Of That – Gr.3 Caulfield Classic winner
- Dirty Thoughts – winner of the Gr.3 Northwood Plume Stakes at Caulfield
- Realm Of Flowers – winner of the Gr.3 South Australia Fillies Classic & Listed Andrew Ramsden
Other black-type winners include Beautiful Mind, Long Jack, Just Thinkin’, So We Are, Care To Think, Northwest Passage, Global Thinking, Think Of Me, Carif, So You Win etc.
Yearlings in 2022 have already sold for up to $500,000!
10 Gr.1 wins in 2 hemispheres defeating over 75 individual Gr.1 winners with earnings of $8.9 million
Rated 133 by Timeform – The highest-rated Australian colt of the modern age. Higher-rated than Pierro, All Too Hard, Zoustar, Dundeel, Capitalist etc.